18 May 2010

Puppy this is for you

I made  this card on the weekend for one of the teachers at school who lost one of her adorable "family" members last week. She was very sad so I thought this card may help to cheer her up. I got this set of stamps and a cat one about a month ago for this particular reason - most of my friends have either a dog or cat or both and the inevitable is going to happen sooner or later so I thought these would be a great set to own (besides the images were all so darn cute I just fell in love with them).

posted 18052010 100_3245

 

The layout is actually for "the Diedrich Dare - Whimsical Wednesday" challenge DDSC35! and this is the first chance I've had to post it. It is a great sketch done by one of the DT's children and makes you think outside the box a bit. Hope you visit the DT members and see their amazing creations.

Recipe:-Card size- A6 white base card; Papers-Heidi Grace Love Blossoms Jersey Stripes; Paw prints (sorry can't remember who made this paper it was in a set of animal designs I got from KMart a while ago) the black is just scraps from my stash. Stamps- Just for you-Crafty Bitz,  Dog- Birch Exchangable- Small Dogs set. Ribbon- A touch of class-this was a wide ribbon so I just cut it down to my requirements-it's like a florist ribbon. Rhinestones-Black-Basics by Kaisercraft. Embossing Powder- Judi Kins Black Detail. Ink - Stazon Timber Brown, Versamark Watermark. Colours- Lyra Aqua Color crayons.

Thanks for visiting and hopefully will be able to have more frequent posts soon.

Catch you Later

Kathy S

2 comments:

  1. how sweet of you to give your friend such a special card to help them through this challenging time. This card is so sweet. Thanks for getting Whimsy with us xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, it will definately cheer your friend up. Thanks for taking the DDare!

    ReplyDelete