25 May 2010

Christmas wishes

Two posts in one day wow- but I'll be away for the rest of the week with a friend so thought I'd try to post these today I should be back on Friday sometime.

This card is to play with a couple of challenges - the Justrite Christmas challenge JustRite Friday Challenge 019- Christmas in May & A BIG Announcement! and Sparkle creations Christmas Card Challenge Week #25 - Sentiment Only

  posted 100_3263

Recipe and How I made this card: Base:-Yellow card stock, Focal - White cardstock embossed using the Cuttlebug snow dots embossing folder and various scraps from my stash.- the Red shiny is actually part of a decoration that was being thrown away because it was broken and when I saw it I thought I might be able to use it somewhere -thank goodness I kept it I've used it heaps-It's great to die cut and emboss and if you sand it you get another dimension again. I die cut Nestabilities dies the classic circles and scalloped circles sets -sorry not sure which sizes I used but they fit the JustRite stamps perfectly. Stamps- Just Rite Christmas Treasures  Borders and centres Round 3 1/4 stamps set. I stamped these and embossed using Zing Gold glitter for the border stamp and Red glitter for the sentiment. Just to add a bit of bling I placed an heart over the O in Wonderful. Ribbon: red velvet ribbon I bought at KMart after Christmas- It's not the best for cards as it's a bit thick- I think it was meant for a wreath but at 10cents a roll I wasn't complaining and I think it just adds that extra touch.

If you really wanted to you could remove the focal point and attach the ribbon to it and use it as an ornament or gift tag.

Hope you like this card feel free to leave a comment

Thanks for visiting

Regards

Catch you Later

Kathy S

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with this weeks Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for visiting the DRS Designs blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the layering on the focal image and that large, yummy bow. Thanks for stopping by the DRS Designs blog for our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful holiday card! I love that big red bow! Thanks for playing along with DRS Designs Stamp A Day Give Away! We appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete