13 May 2010

Baby

 

image

This is a card I made a while ago for another challenge but never posted it so thought it was to pretty to not share- I think I'll be giving this one to my daughter because it isn't really pink- she doesn't like pink that much -which is funny because now she has 2 daughters and EVERYONE gives you pink for babies - Big LOL!!!.

This baby picture is one I bought back before my daughter was born -30ish years ago- it was a sort of decoupage picture on a sheet with a heap of other baby and children pictures and I just fell in love with it but never used them all I still have several sheets so I have decided my cards would be the perfect place to use some of them. The papers are some K&Company I bought a few years ago and haven't used in ages- something else I'll be sorry when it runs out- I might just keep some and look at it it's gorgeous.

    image

 

Here is a closer look at this beautiful little picture and the paper for the background- so pretty

 

 

 

 

This is for The Shabby Tea Room for their Week #9 - Chipboard Challenge - the "baby" is chipboard and painted purple and then glittered so I thought it fit. Hope you like it I think it is one of my favourite cards at the moment.

Card Recipe  (as best as it can be -I'm not very good at this part of blogging)

Card Base is white card stock-finished size 14cm x 15cm (5 1/2" x 5 3/4") approx.

Papers- K and Company and scraps from my stash

Picture- decoupage picture, OTHER:- chipboard letters -Bella! chipz; Ribbon- creative Corner; Lumiere Paint pearlescent Violet; Glitter; Helmar 450 Glue; lace -stash

I think that's all I used

Thanks for visiting

Catch you Later

Regards

Kathy S

3 comments:

  1. OOOhhhh ... I {heart} that sweet vintage baby image! All that pink and glitter makes me smile! Thank you for sharing such a lovely creation with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I love the vintage look. I actually have a card from when I was born(some years ago) that looks very similar to this.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet and so pretty. Love your grid background with the scallops at the bottom and the lace. And what a sweet image. How fun you've been saving it all these years. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete