09 May 2010

Just for you

 

my internet is giving me a hard time so I hope this eventually loads because I've tried three times already and it just drops out

image

This card is the first I've had a chance to make for what seems like ages- well it is really-my poor craft area hasn't seen me for Oh so long and I was starting to get scared it wouldn't see me for longer yet but I snuck down and had a couple hours play time and this is what I created- it's for the "The Shabby Tearoom"  challenge Week #8 - Get Your Bling On - it's finishing today so I thought I'd better get this one posted I hope I'm not too late for it.(then hopefully I'm sneaking back to my room for some more fun for another hour before dinner.) and then who knows when it will see me again.LOL- or cry if you feel like me!

Here's a closer look at the teapot and cups. I used the double sided sticky and lace and glitter technique to do this and am quite happy how it turned out

image

First I die cut the tea pot and cups and saucers out of double sided sticky paper although I didn't use the sticky on the back for this card and then I found some lace that I liked the pattern on and after removing the backing stuck the lace to the shapes then I covered it all in the blue glitter (don't know what colour or where this either of these glitters came from it's been in my stash for years and never seems to run out- thank goodness I love this colour. Then I tapped the excess glitter off and put it away then I removed the lace and covered the rest of the sticky with a white holographic glitter to finish it off. The rest of the things used in this card are Spellbinders Blossom dies 1,2 5 and 6; Martha Stewart Doily heart border punch; some gold powder for the saucers -can't remember who made this one; gold stickers from my stash and all the papers are odds and ends from my stash too as is the blue base card the finished card size is approximately 5 3/4" square  OR 14.5 cm. Not even sure where the stamp came from but I use it heaps- it's a clear acrylic one I probably bought on sale somewhere and the ribbon is from a local discount store.

Hope you have had a good Mothers day wherever you may be!

catch you later

regards

Kathy s

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kathy! Those sparkley tea cups and pot are just wonderful!!! Thanks so much for sharing your design with us in the Tea Room this week! I hope you can come back again tomorrow for our next challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete