31 March 2010

With Sympathy

 

Both these posts are for the JustRite Friday Challenge 011: Sympathy/Get Well - as I don't have many Just rite stamps other than Christmas ones I had to improvise and this is what I came up with -I hope you enjoy. I hope this link works as it was giving me a hard time with trying to do it - Sorry if it doesn't but you can go to the Just Rite Blog to see the marvellous work the DT have done.

This card looks pink but it's not really- the background paper is a sort of holographic wrapping paper that I thought would be really pretty on cards. It depends on the way you look at it as to what colour it looks and looking at it straight on it looks white with a pinkish blue colour. I tried taking a picture from different angles but they all looked pink so you'll just have to believe me.

image

I finally got my new Spellbinder dies last week and couldn't wait to use some of them the cross is from Spellbinders™ S4-265 Cross Collection and I love this set and will use it a lot now that I've got it.

Card Details- Card size -22cmx11cm(8 3/4" x 4 1/4") - this card came from a Discount Warehouse store as a packet for $2.00 for 10 cards and envelopes they have a glossy sort of finish.

Papers-as stated gift wrap sheet - not sure what company- it had already been cut off, Vellum- Opal finish and a white pearl paper- all of these are out of my stash so I have no idea where they were produced sorry.

Stamps:- Just Rite- Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III stamp Ensemble 3 1/4 ", and Trompe Script Font set

Dies:- Spellbinders™-  S4-265 Cross Collection, Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Classic Circles Small; Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Circles Small.

Ribbon Value Craft- I can't believe this beautiful ribbon came from a discount store.Punch- MS Butterflies; Fiskars Lace border punch; Zing embossing powder - gold glitter; Gem discount store.

Another post Get Well wishes

This card was made for the same challenge as the sympathy card- The Just Rite Challenge 011.

I just love this puppy stamp and it was a freebie with a British Magazine that I get from our local Newsagent- We are only up to February because they are always delayed in coming across to Australia. The puppy was designed by Adam Prescott for the "Cardmaking and Papercraft" magazine in Britian. This is the only Just Rite Get Well stamp i own so I had to work it in- I think it looks Ok though don't you? These papers are so cheerful I am sure they would cheer anyone up.image Card Details: Card base just a generic A5 white card.

Papers- these papers are so vibrant DCWV -Citrus Stack 8" and Fun stuff pastels pad

Stamps- Just Rite Get Well Soon. and stamp compliments of the Cardmaking and papercraft magazine.

Other:- Ribbon- creative corner; Jewel-Discount Store;Dies-  Spellbinders™-  Nestabilities:- Classic Circle Small and Classic Oval, Peony sizes 3 and 5.; Colours: watercolour pencils.

Thanks for visiting

Any and all comments greatly appreciated.

Catch you later

Kathy s

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! The bow on your first one is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy your cards are just so pretty - love the beautiful bow and cross on that first one! And love that adorable image on the second one! Great work with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete