24 March 2010

White Christmas

From Easter to Christmas- thank goodness the year doesn't go that fast. This is my second post for the day and I hope to have at least another one or two tomorrow.

This is about as close to a white Christmas as I will get- It's usually hot here at Christmas time.   This is such a great idea- making Christmas Cards all year so that when the time comes at the end of the year there are at least a few if not all the cards made. I started making my cards for Christmas in February last year and still had a few to make by November so I am going to endeavour to follow this blog as much as I can.

Challenge #44 CSAYL - image

Challenge #44 - Pottery Barn Inspiration

The Inspiration from Pottery Barn was so pretty - wish we had these stores in Australia- may have to search out the local equivalent.

And the design team have done wonders with this challenge I hope you think mine will come up to expectations.

I used my Lattice Borderabilities for the first time and am amazed at the beauty of it. the stamp used for the focal is a Kaisercraft - Belle series stamp- I bought this set last year and used it several times but just in silhouette so I stretched my imagination (which is the point of a challenge isn't it :) )a bit and gave it a bit of colour by using my brush markers to do a basic colour before stamping it onto watercolour paper then I filled in the details with the fine end of the brushmarkers. Next I cut it out as best I could there are a few pieces that I didn't cut out - you can tell by the slightly darker background colour. But I hope you don't mind. Next I stamped the medallion- which I can't remember where I got it from but it was a great set with inserts as well  and stamped Joy in the centre this came from the Kaisercraft set as well then I used a Bella set called Impressions for the bird. Once I had assembled it all I thought it really needed something else so I used Royal Coat Dimensional Magic on all the main red bits including the greeting- although you can't really see it from this shot. I cut an insert using the same borderability and I cut the medallion using a classic circle scalloped die nestabilities.

Things i used in this card(Recipe)- card average A5 pre scored card stock.

Stamps- Kaisercraft- Belle collection, Bella Impressions collection, and medallion-sorry not sure of maker.

Other- Colouring- Whispers Brush markers; Royal Coat  Dimensinal Magic; Borderabilities-Lattice and Scalloped Classic Circle Nestabilities.

Feel free to leave a comment- they are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

 

that's it for now

Catch you later

Kathy S.

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the inspiration piece! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy! Your card is gorgeous!! I love that lattice border! It's so pretty!!! I love what you did with the colors. .. it was a tough challenge but you did a wonderful job. Thank you for playing along with us at CSAYL!! Hope you'll play along again!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete