24 March 2010

Easter Wishes

I had a bit of a shopping spree a couple of months ago and got a  few new sets of stamps but with so much happening I haven't had a chance to let them see ink - until yesterday that is and boy what a day I had- I am not working for 4 weeks and yesterday I wasn't feeling so well- Autumn head cold- at least I hope that's all it is - so anyway I thought I don't feel like housework so down to my room I head and after a couple of hours of therapy (of the stamping type)I'm feeling a bit better and have a couple of cards as well

This card covers the Unscripted Sketches #47 challenge - which is also a paint chip challenge as well as a sketch challenge.

It also covers the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C29 - spring card challenge.

You may all laugh but I use paint chips a lot in my creations as they are sometimes the only way to get just the right colour I need for a project.- so this was not really a challenge for me lol.

Hoppy easter uses part of one of the stamp sets I have been after for quite some time and I finally got it by chance when I was looking for something else and saw it so bought it- of course. Anyway it uses Candyfloss from the Candyfloss and Marshmallow set by Do Crafts- he/she is so cute- I can never remember which are the girls and which are the boys- I've done her as a girl so she has a pink flower-image I stamped her with the Stazon Timber Brown ink onto watercolour paper and coloured her with watercolour pencils - I think this ink just gives a softer finish than the black and if you are colouring it doesn't run- believe me it's happened with other inks.

then I found some paint chips and tried them in various places until I came up with this layout according to the Unscripted Sketch I used an ecru coloured base card just to soften it I tried white and it looked to stark and I tried pink and it looked washed out.

The things I used for this card which is a basic A5 size

Stamps - Candyfloss and Marshmallow by DoCrafts and Hoppy Easter from PaperXtra Australia Series

Paper- paint samples- The master palette -Rio Rose and Romantic Pink,Taubmans -Diva-Hot Mama

Ink-Stazon Timber Brown

Colouring- Faber Castell -Watercolour pencils

Other things - Punch- Fiskars- Treading Water, Ribbon- Premium Value Craft, Buttons- Beautron,  Flower-from my stash it already had the gem in the centre- so cute.

That's it for the moment thanks for visiting now I just have to achieve the link to the two blogs I need to add to the challenges- wish me luck

Unscripted Sketches #47 with a piggyback challenge

Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C29

Catch you later

Kathy s

5 comments:

  1. Adorable image! Great take on the sketch, and way to use that paint chip!
    Steph
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the font of the sentiment stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is DARLING, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious bunny! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bunny, your coloring is terrific! Great job with the Unscripted sketch, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete