13 February 2010

RED Hot Love

 

This is a card I made a while ago- it could be used for any occasion but Valentines day would be an idea- although I don't actually celebrate this particular day I like making cards that show the dedication we can give each other. Because it covered the RED category for Crazy4Challenges  C4C24 I thought I might enter it.

image  This card is made using the Lace Heart and Flourishes Flourishes stamp set  which is such a beautiful set that I use it a lot for various cards.

As you can see (hopefully) I  made a slip in pocket for the greeting tag and imagein case you can't read it it says-

"How do I love thee ? Let me count the ways" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning -

which is also part of this set.

I stamped this on a tag using a red ink pad- just a generic one -but it came out OK, The LOVE is stamped on vellum and embossed - I ran it through my Xyron 250 to get it to adhere to the card evenly this worked but left a couple of bubbles underneath but I sort of like the clouding effect it gives so I left it that way. I also stamped and embossed the flourish heart but used glitter embossing powder this time to add a bit of sparkle.  I added rhinestones to all three components  the  o in how do I love thee is covered by a small rhinestone just to give a bit of bling to the card. For the pocket I just used a small piece of gold glittered  paper and a scrap piece of white and cut them using my "Fiskars seagull" scissors and stuck around the edges so I could get the tag in it.

Hope you enjoy and have a great weekend.

Recipe:

Base size – 5 ½” x 5 ½ “ or 15cmx 15cm

Stamps- Flourishes- Lace hearts set and Flourishes - flourishes set

Papers and card stock from stash-no specific DP

Ink- Versamark – watermark.

Other- Embossing Powder- opaque red and alisonellisdesigns-FirecrakerSpark, Scissors-Fiskars seagull design, Ribbons and Ric Rak, various rhinestones - all from stash, Xyron 250

also entered in the following challenges-

little Red wagon -Red with Bling challenge

 

Catch you later

    Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I like how you tucked the tag in.Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, so pretty! The seagull scissors are so great, I haven't seen that kind before. Keep it up gal!

    ReplyDelete