18 November 2010

The true Spirit of Christmas

This is a long entry and probably very boring to you but I feel that I must give a mild explanation as to my absence over the past few months. You don't have to read this if you don't want to you can just skip to the card - I will not be offended I promise.

I am back at the moment- I am sorry to have been away from my blog so long- several things have been going on around here that needed to be dealt with and they took priority. Firstly as I have stated in previous blogs- I soooo admire all of you out there that can work full time, raise a family and create and blog at the same time. Unfortunately I am not one of those people and even though my family are all grown they are still in need of my support at various times either as a Taxi, babysitter, moral supporter or other things. This not only implies my immediate family but my In Laws, nieces, nephews and others as well. I am also the calling person for several friends in times of need- Which don't get me wrong I love and feel honoured that they think they can call on me for these things but it means my creativity time is diminished and at times non existent, therefore I have had little time and actually lost the incentive to create anything worth blogging about for such a long time but hopefully things are getting back to normal(whatever that is). I also had a rotten cold that would not go away and took several weeks for me to even feel like doing anything- I am now catching up on housework and gardening as well as slipping in a bit of crafting-yay!.

Sorry to go on but I felt I had to explain a little bit about my absence. I have been still stalking many blogs and leaving the occasional comment etc. I am going to have to look at the amount of blogs I subscribe to - there are so many and I must spend ages on them admiring everyone else's work so If I unsubscribe to your blog it is not that I am no longer interested in your work but that I am trying to get back some of my time for me to create so PLEASE understand. I will try to peek in sometimes to see where you are at and I thank you all for the inspiration you have given me.

Now my card:-  This was made to go with the Card patterns  Sketch 90

image  as soon as I saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use my Kaisercraft set-Be Merry Collection-I love the sentiment and those little oval words they look so classic but I wanted to do a card that was not traditional colours-I like the challenge of getting away from red and green sometimes.

image

Sorry if the pictures are dark but it is very overcast here today and although it's near the end of spring we are having a very wet and very cold one- summer will probably be the same.

The second picture sort of shows the little jewels on this card -they change colour if you look at them in different light. It looks like the white layer is on foam tape but it's not it's just very thick card(matt board actually) but I put the greetings and words on foam tape .

Here is the list of things I used

Cardstock- Black Impress Hessian finish; Papers- Bits from my stash; Inks-Versamark watermark, Staz-on Jet Black; Other- JudiKins Detail Black Embossing Powder; Ribbon-It's Magic; Gems- stash; Dies-Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals and Classic Scalloped ovals-Sorry I always seem to put them away before I write down which sized ones I use; Photo corners; Foam mounting tape, Double sided tape, Helmar Tacky Craft Glue.

Comments always appreciated.

Thanks for visiting

Regards

Kathy s

1 comment:

  1. A truly lovely card! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

    ReplyDelete