25 August 2010

Non traditional Christmas

I thought I'd make a non traditional Christmas gift card using colours in the Just Rite challenge and step out of my comfort zone of reds and greens I hope you like it- I made this for a couple of reasons-

I only have a few Just Rite stamps and the main ones are Christmas because I love this time of year and wanted to participate in their challenges both the Just Rite Friday Challenge 032- Color-I don't have these colours in copic markers-I only have a few earth colours and non of them matched these and this challenge Christmas Tags & Minis with JustRite Stampers   you can go directly to the Caardvark site by clicking on this link -I thought I'd better start making more Christmas cards and gift cards now we are nearly into September so it's not that far away-I don't have any appropriate caardvarks papers (I only have one pink and one blue piece) or I would have used them and because I thought I could use it for the challenge for me to help me get inspired- I am not totally happy with it but I think the colours came together really well even if it is for Christmas. I think I might tie some orange and green ribbon around the top somewhere just to finish it off- I just feel it's missing something and hopefully that might fix it. :)

image

Merry Christmas-

Card- size is 5 14/16th" x 3" (15x27.5cm)- This came from my stash that I have had for ages and kept because I liked the embossing on it.

Paper-Monte Marte watercolour paper,green and orange from my stash

Stamps Just Rite Christmas set 1 5/8"

Other: Embossing powder Judi Kins Black Detail; Ink-Distress Vintage photo; Colours- Whispers brush markers;Stickers-(the dark brown bits)-stash;Jewels- Kaiser craft and stash;Ribbon-Creative corner;Glitter-stash;Embossing folder- Cuttlebug -Argyle

 Thanks for visiting

catch you later

Kathy S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment