18 May 2011

Once In a While

Good morning- or afternoon wherever you may be - Today is going to be a beautiful Autumn day here in Victoria Australia- the sun hopefully will be shining (at the moment we have a blanket of thick fog)which is the promise of a beautiful day,the air is fresh but nice and there is no rain or wind- we have had weeks of cold miserable weather here lately it has felt more like Winter than Autumn. 

Todays card is one I mad when I saw the Just Rite challenge colours JustRite Friday Challenge 055- Color - I new I had to use this paper-it has all three colours in it and it is so beautiful-I cut out the white butterfly from another piece of paper and added some Kindy Glitz to its wings to give it a bit of sparkle. The sentiment could be used for so many occasions but would be perfect for a wedding or engagement I think. I have used a small piece of May Arts ribbon I received in a bundle of off cuts I won earlier this year- they are just the right length for cards with very no wastage-love that.image            here is a closer view of the sentiment, butterfly and ribbon                image

Card Info- Card base Cream cardstock; Papers-Grace Taylor, bits from stash; Stamp- JustRite Garden Fairy Wishes cling Stamp set; Ink- Staz on Timber Brown; Spellbinders Petite ovals and scalloped petite ovals; Ribbon May Arts and stash; Lace –stash;Punch-Fiskars sunburst border punch; Kindy Glitz-Crystalina; foam mounting tape; Double sided tape-X-press IT.

Hope you like it- comments greatly appreciated

Thanks for visiting, Catch you later

Regards

Kathy S

8 comments:

  1. VERY B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L card -- love what you've done here! It would be perfect as you said for engagement, wedding and even an anniversary, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is beautiful. I love the design. That sentiment works so well with a butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you stopped by today! Your cards are beautiful, I love the saying on this one! I will be back to see you - thanks for dropping by! I've signed up to follow you, can't wait to see what you do next! Feel free to stalk my blog as well - would love to have you! Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, love the soft colors and all the layers. Fantastic work.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is dreamy! Love the blue with cream and that sheer ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is giving away a monthly kit, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete