03 February 2011

Sweet 'n' Sassy hugs and kisses.

   Isn't this an adorable stamp- it's one of sweet 'n' sassy digital images- I won this image last year in their blog hop-whooho!

Cocoa the mouse is so sweet-pun intended- I finally got the courage to use him-I have coloured and played with him before but never felt any of them were good enough for a card-I am still a bit intimidated with digitals and colouring any images but I think the more I use digitals the better I will become - long way to go yet but give it time and I hope I'll get better at colouring.

I actually made another card with this image -coloured nearly the same and using the same papers but when I looked I had used the last sketch design instead of the current one- oh well -lol so I started again and made one for the current sketch SSS93 - January 29 and because the papers were still out and I liked how they all came together I thought I'd make another card with them. I didn't want the image to look like chocolates I wanted cup cakes so I coloured in with that in mind and added a bit of sparkle but they could be either.image  I printed this image on photo paper just for something different and the problem was I was using waterbased brushmarkers which didn't want to blend if I coloured straight onto the paper and even using on a palette and brush they only blended minimally so there is not a lot of shading on the image but his cuteness helps hide that fact I hope.image

           

 

 

 

 

 

 

  For the flower I was just playing with a piece of ribbon and this was the end result- The ribbon is actually stuck onto the piece of orange acetate which I had punched for something ages ago and never used and ran it through my xyron to make it sticky. I was actually making this flower with the other side as the focal and the acetate as the base but when I turned it over to check the back I ended up liking this side better so I found a greeting that fit in the circle and stamped it using Staz on ink. and added a bit of bling just because.

Hope you like it. Thanks for visiting and comments are greatly appreciated-good bad or otherwise.

CardInfo:- white card stock,Papers-Fiskars- Heidi Grace-"meadow collection" ;Images- Sweet'n'sassy -cocoa's chocolates; greeting from another stamp collection- unsure of manufacturer; Ink- Staz on Jet Black, generic orange; Distress Ink- Vintage Photo;Other- Spellbinders Small labels #4 and #5(1 being the smallest);Whispers brushmarkers, Xyron create a sticker 150 machine; Gloss paper-Aldi; Kindy Glitz-Crystaline,Glitzee-Old Gold,Multi Mix; Ribbon santa's Christmas;double sided tape,foam mounting tape.

Although it's not as pretty as some of the flowers already on their post I am also posting it for the Just Us Girls Challenge #69 - Wild Card challenge of make your own 3D flower.

Regards

Catch you Later

Kathy S

 

3 comments:

  1. I love the ribbon flower! Looks like your style is much the same as I use to make daisy/aster flowers from fabric strips or velvet ribbon but I sew them to hold the petals in the position I want. I love your "happy accident" with the orange acetate! Don't you just love it when things like that happen? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little mouse tucked behind the cupcakes and your flower is very nice!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so lovely and bright, Kathy, and make the card very cheerful.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete