15 January 2011

Sweet Memories

Three cards for various members of a very lovely family- If you want to read the shortish story visit my previous post titled "Thinking Of you". The other two cards were posted in earlier posts- if you want to check them out please just scroll down.

image    This is the third card I made this one for the brother- he has always been an outdoor sort of guy and he is a great artist but I just couldn't create anything  to suit and this sort just came together. I started with the  background papers- I hope it doesn't appear to morbidly bright and cheerful but he is going to so miss his sister even though they were different ages they were more like twins so I thought I'd try to give him something to bring a bit of cheer into his life at the moment.

 

Yesterday(Friday) was the funeral-it was so sad -they still don't know the cause- so many people and so much sadness- I spent a lot of time afterwards with the brother and will be keeping in touch more often than I have been-the good thing he has to look forward to is he will be a dad for the first time in April so that is a good thing to help keep him focused and it will also give the girls baby someone to grow up with because I know they will be just like their respective mum and dad-inseparable.

This is for the JustRite Friday Challenge 046- Technique - Scoring!- I am sorry I didn't use any of their stamps because I mainly have Christmas and Birth ones so I again used Paper Makeup stamps and a sympathy one from my stash. I did include some scoring sorry I only own a Scor it scoring board (so a scor pal would be very handy) and decided to add the texture of it across the grain from the coloured stripes.Hope you can see it in the pictures.

image

Card info- Card stock standard size -white; papers-Inque boutique-Cabana collection,scraps from stash;Stamps Paper Makeup Stamps, stash; Ink-Stazon Jet Black; Other:- Dies- spellbinders- Labels six#4+#5; Ribbon-K-Mart- santa's Christmas Wonderland; Flowers- Kaisercraft and stash;Punch-MS classic Butterfly; Adhesives- Dottys Craft Shop glue dots,Double sided tape, Helmar Tacky Craft Glue, and Scor it Scoring board.

 

 

Thanks for visiting

Catch you later

Regards

Kathy S

 

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, thank you so much for visiting my blog and your wonderful comments! Your card is beautiful and I love the sentiment. Great job on the scoring! Sympathy card can be so had to make. My thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kathy, very hard to make them for people but you have done a lovely job, I am sure the family will appreciate your card very much.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, it was lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete