30 June 2010

Apron card and bookmark.

   I finally got to spend 3 hours in my craft room last Friday morning because I needed a card to wish one of the teachers at school all the best because she was leaving- as I work in the food technology (or Home Economics as it used to be called) area and so did she I tried to think of something appropriate to make for her as well as include something small as a gift -I thought of a gift card but as she doesn't live in my area a gift card would probably have been a waste so I thought I would try something else. So I started checking my emails and other blogs for inspiration and came across the JustRite Inspiration Blog and they had a challenge for bookmarks a week or so ago-which gave me the idea of a gift- I know she reads and also enjoys cooking  then scrolling down I saw an entry from Jennifer Mitten who had designed her card in the shape of an apron and a bookmark as a circle so of course I just had neon lights flashing in my head and thought this was perfect for the gift and the card - you can find all the details at Jennifer's blog -Another JustRite Stampers Challenge and then I check my emails I can't believe that JUGS  ("Just us Girls") are having a challenge Jugs 39 - Template Challenge - I didn't use the template they provided but check it out it's a great one.

Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry as I really had to rush to get the card and bookmark made and then take the pictures as well as make something to eat for a small party they were giving her after school finished.  I hope you like these and thanks Jennifer for the inspiration. I tried to make the bookmark to look like a recipe book - I put magnets inside the folded cardstock and then covered them with paper so you couldn't see them and then thought I'd just write a small note inside saying" Let me keep your place" so they sort of clip over the top of the page and magnetize to each other holding the page on the spot. I put the bookmark in the pocket as in the photo   posted on blog 100_3379     posted on blog 100_3378  posted on blog 100_3382   100_3376

Recipe: Pale Green Cardstock- Office works;Papers-DCWV-Endless Summer Matstack and The Glitter Stack;Brown Handmade paper- unsure of origin it was one of the first papers I bought years ago and have just resurrected from the bottom of my stash of browns, pink scraps from stash; Stamps -Just Rite stamps; Punch- Martha Stewart Doily Hearts; Other-Lace- from stash- dyed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Ink for stamp- Cre8tiv Gold; Glues and Tapes-double sided tape and foam mounting Tape and Helmar 450 Quick drying adhesive; Ribbon-Value Craft.

When I gave it to her she loved it and I had tied the ribbons at the back to make it look realistic- she didn't realize it was also a card LOL until I suggested she untie the ribbons- she was delighted and so were all the other staff there.

 

Thanks for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Catch You Later

 

Kathy S

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to tuck in a bookmark on this cute apron you designed. Very clever. I can see why your friend was so pleased. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week. We appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute gift idea! I love your keep it in place magnet bookmark style too! Thanks so much for shring this with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job! I love the papers you used, I think I still have those DCWV papers. Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a gift for a Home Ec teacher! This is so pretty, it's no wonder why she loved it! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, how cute! What a great way to package a gift! Lovely colors and papers :) Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete