01 April 2010

Happy Birthday

I know I'm posting another card but this will be my last one for this week I think - I have soooooo much to do before Easter it's not funny  -we are having all our kids and partners -with their kids over on Saturday- they all seem to have other commitments for Sunday so Saturday will be our Easter get together and a very full house- 3 adult children of our own and their partners and 6 grandchildren the eldest being 3 and a half and the youngest 4 months and an asthmatic - yikes- and I am waiting for number 7- it is due in April -my gosh that's this month-so a very pregnant daughter will also be here. But I am looking forward to it all of course- there is nothing better than a family get together whatever the reason. 

This card is another birthday card- I have had this idea in my head for a while and just couldn't formulate it until  saw the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #106 sketch and thought that was how I wanted it laid out although I had to turn it on it's side - so here it is I hope you like it.

   100_3136 posted      100_3135posted 

I thought I would make it bright and cheery we are getting into Autumn here and everyone else in blog world is talking about spring so I thought these colours sort of combine both worlds. You can't really see it in the picture but the background to the blue/green squares is actually an orange glitter cardstock that I just had to have before Christmas and have only know started to use it- it is just so pretty.The stamp I used for the feature is a Craft Stamper Magazine freebie from a couple of years ago -I love magazines that attach free stamps to the front- as you will tell as I start putting up more cards -because I have and use a lot of them.

The front was pretty I thought I would carry it through to the inside -which is something I don't usually do. Anyway I have talked enough - here is the ingredients to my Card:- generic A5 white base cardstock; Papers:- DCWV-the glitter cardstock pack,Inque Boutique-Cabana-mini papers,DCWV-the All Dressed Up matstack, and gloss paper for the stamps. Ink- Versa mark - watermark, Whispers -Savoy Green, Green Leaf,Sunshine Yellow dye inks; Stamp freebie from Craft Stamper Magazine, SU- Happy Birthday; Other-ribbon Uni Trim, Embossing Powder-yellow and lime green,Punch -Fiskars rope Border, dimensional tape and double sided tape.

Thanks for visiting

Catch you later

Kathy s

No comments:

Post a Comment